Friday, June 5, 2015

Critics & Quotes



"God created the poet, then took a handful of the rubbish that left and made three critics."

- T. J. Thomas

"Critics are to authors what dogs are to the lamp-post."

- Jeffrey Robinson

"If my critics saw me walking over the Thames they would say it was because I couldn't swim."

- Margaret Thatcher

"I write from my soul. This is the reason that critics don't hurt me, because it is me. If it was not me, if I was pretending to be someone else, then this could unbalance my world, but I know who I am."

- Paulo Coelho

"My idea is always to reach my generation. The wise writer writes for the youth of his own generation, the critics of the next, and the schoolmasters of ever afterward."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight

"What bothers most critics of my work is the goofiness. One reviewer said I need to make up my mind if want to be funny or serious. My response is that I will make up my mind when God does, because life is a commingling of the sacred and the profane, good and evil. To try and separate them is fallacy."

- Tom Robbins

"Critics have their purposes, and they're supposed to do what they do, but sometimes they get a little carried away with what they think someone should have done, rather than concerning themselves with what they did."

- Duke Ellington

No comments:

Post a Comment